AS from today (Monday January 10, 2011) Tasmania’s race broadcasting radio station TOTE Sport Radio will be changing its on-air identity to Radio Sport National.
This is in line with the Sport 927 name change which will take place on the same day.
The name is the only change. Ownership by the TOTE and corporate identity Tasradio Pty Ltd will remain unchanged as will control of all locally produced and networked programs from its Hobart studios situated at New Town.
Radio Sport National (Tas) station manager Steve Adermann said “The station’s commitment to the Tasmanian racing industry is as rock solid as ever.”
“Radio Sport National will be aired throughout Victoria, Tasmania and the ACT,” he said.
Mr Adermann said the key reasons for rebranding are as follows:
- Alignment of names with the mainland network through which many of our programs are sourced
- Removal of TOTE from our name due to the misconception that our stations only broadcast racing
- We intend to pursue ways of broadening our programs to include more sports and to help drive more sports betting
- Advertising sales in Melbourne, Victoria and other parts of Australia will be easier to pursue with a nationally branded station
- Consistency of branding across all of our statewide low power & high power open narrowcast stations and translators
- The ability to utilise and adopt the Radio Sport National website.