News Article

Storm hits Devonport – meeting again in doubt

17 / 12 / 2010 Article by: Editor

AN electrical storm and more torrential rain has lashed the Devonport area just prior to midday which has forced Tasmanian stewards to reassess whether the eight-race meeting at Spreyton Park can proceed as planned.

Stewards inspected the track at 10.30am and gave the meeting the green light to proceed but this latest storm and heavy rain has again cast a doubt over the meeting.

A final decision will be made as soon as possible and will be posted on this website.

All industry participants will be notified of the outcome of this latest inspection via Tasracing’s SMS service.